Thursday, December 6, 2012

Christmas is Coming... and I have a Master Bathroom Again!

Happy December, everyone!  It never ceases to amaze me how time flies when the holidays are coming and I am absolutely nowhere near being ready.  I am pretty sure if I had the patience to read the entire list of Murphy's Laws, that would be on there somewhere. 

I am pleased (oh so very pleased) to publicly thank Mike for the incredible master bathroom that he just finished.  As promised... some photos:
Dreamline Shower Doors, glass shelves and a teak bench to finish it off
Detail of the diamond cut-out
Love the teak bench, love the shower floor!

Here you can see the glass shelves and how the travertine transitions into the tumbled marble.  Pretty!
This shows the porcelain tile floor and the travertine base-boards that Mike installed.  And his flip-flops.  And the mess of tools that still need to be put away!
We still have quite a bit of clean-up to do and tools to put away, but I couldn't have asked for a better present!

I am so excited about the bathroom that it actually motivated me to get some holiday decorating done!  The tree is up, the few presents I have managed to finish so far are wrapped and under the tree, the wreath is on the door, the garland is on the bannister... now I just need to get to the Christmas cards (if you don't have one from me yet, it is because I haven't started them!), the holiday baking, and the eggnog and rum.  Oh yes, the eggnog and rum.



My tree skirt looks lovely under the tree!

Decorated with ribbon this year instead of garland or tinsel.

The whole shebang.  I think I am pleased.
I am also pleased to announce that my birthday present to myself (okay... one of my birthday presents to myself!) has arrived... my new shirt complete with my logo!  Thank you so much to the folks from Down The Line Sports (www.dtlsport.com) for designing something so very me!

My newest tennis shirt.

Beware!      
And all this... just in time for the Holiday Tournament I am playing with my friend Fumi!

I will write more soon - just as soon as I get those Christmas cards done, the presents handled, and the eggnog and rum ingested!

1 comment: