Monday, October 6, 2014

Cold Hands, Warm Hearts

Hello everyone! Fall is coming... but not quite here in Vancouver yet! It's beautiful out, sunny and 80 degrees... crazy!

So in honor of the changing season, I wanted to share some more pattern testing I have done for Cora's Quilts. This pattern is called Cold Hands, Warm Hearts and is my first real work with applique on quilts. I really enjoyed it, learned a lot, and LOVED how it turned out.

The applique included mittens (cold hands) and hearts (warm hearts)... hence the name!


It also has the cutest trees!

It is designed as a table topper, but would be awesome as a tree skirt, too...  



I really liked the way the applique came out. The pattern uses a light fusible interfacing to make the applique easier. I liked this method so much, I'm using it on a custom quilt I'm working on now... (more on that later!).


 If you guys like the pattern, you can check it out on Connecting Threads. Shelley over at Cora's Quilts did the project for them...


No comments:

Post a Comment