Thursday, October 9, 2014

Irish Chain Baby Quilt

Happy Thursday, everyone! I hope you all have been enjoying this incredibly rare October weather like I have. I had a wonderful time last night going out with some friends. We had happy hour at Cafe Nell , sitting outside in the sun, and then on to Lucy for a shopping extravaganza! I am not a big fan of shopping. I do it, oh... never. But workout clothes are different, right? Right. Glad we settled that.

So on to the quilting... :)

I received a custom order from a tennis friend. She has her very first granddaughter and ordered a quilt to go with the colors of the baby's room. So she picked the colors, and asked for elephants if possible, but gave me free rein to do what I wanted with the rest of it.

I delivered it to her earlier this week, so I can share it with you all now!


I picked an Irish Chain pattern in a wall hanging size, and then beefed it up a tiny bit. :)


I used the elephant fabric for the larger blocks and quilted around it free-hand.


I did straight line quilting through the Irish Chain blocks, and finished the border with a diamond pattern.


The elephants are on the back, and they are so stinkin' cute!


And it's all finished off with a quilt tag...

So now, on to the next order: Seattle Seahawks Quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment