Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Finished Baby Quilt!

So in between working on spring sampler blocks for Cora's Quilts, I have managed to get the quilt for my cousin's sweet new baby finished... finally!


I love this pattern... mostly because I created it myself. :) I am contemplating making the pattern available for sale on my Etsy Shop, so if there is any interest, definitely let me know!

So I was told the nursery colors were light blue and kelly green, but I had to throw in some darker blue, too, so that it looks like Seahawks colors!


I love the fabrics in this quilt, too... kelly green for the stripes, but the green/white polka dot with the blue/light blue polka dots, and the soft chevrons with the "loud" chevrons... and then the little alligators, which are so stinkin' cute!


I did a simple stitch in the ditch quilting on this one, and used more of the soft chevron for the binding. I just love how it turned out!


So this week I hand-stitched the quilt tag in the bottom right corner of the back, and shipped it off to it's new home. I hope it gets lots of love, just like the little guy that owns it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment