Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Seahawks Make the Superbowl!

Okay friends, I apologize for having been so quiet for so long. I had some major changes happen in my life over the past couple of months and I am now blogging from my new office, which is right down the hallway from my new kitchen, in my new house. So it's been a bit hectic. On top of that, I had a custom quilt order that needed to get out the door in time for football playoffs, and that's the first thing I'm going to share with you this year!

As I am sure you all know, the Seattle Seahawks won the Superbowl last year. And they're going to do it again this year, I hope! Living in the Pacific Northwest, we have lots of Seahawks fans here. One of them contacted me and requested a quilt to celebrate the Seahawks. I really enjoyed this one because I got to design the pattern, hand-pick the fabrics, and keep it a secret until it was finished!

So here it is, all laid out my new living room floor. This was easy to do because I have no furniture in my living room. Priorities... ;)


The quilt was designed with the Seahawks' colors in mind. The navy, lime green, and grey. I used white for the sashing.


The back of the quilt is an ombre chevron pattern in the lime green and white and was just way too cool to pass up. :)


The numbers of some of our key players are appliqued on the blocks. The big "12" in the middle... yeah, that's for 12th Man!


 I used my stipple foot to meander in all of the blocks with white thread. I like the effect on the darker blocks, and I like the texture it gives to the blocks.

So there we go... the perfect quilt to curl up under and cheer the 2014 Superbowl Champs on to what will hopefully be a back-to-back Superbowl win!

GO HAWKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment