Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Family Reunion in Fort Collins - and a quilt shop or two!

My mother and I just returned from a short trip to Ft. Collins, Colorado where we enjoyed a family reunion (or two), a coffee shop (or two) and a quilt shop (or two). It was a wonderful trip full of family, fun, and fabric, so I thought I would share a little of it with you.

Mom and I found a super-cute little fabric shop in Old Town Ft. Collins, right off Mountain Ave. Mama Said Sew offers fabric, notions, sewing classes, a blog I like to follow, and super-great staff! We stopped in a bought a couple of fat quarters, took a picture for posterity, and they threw in a really cute charm pack featuring the new Baby Jane line.

Posterity photo! I do love their sign, though.
Fat quarters from Mama Said Sew. Anybody else find it odd that these are my Mom's favorite colors?

  
The Baby Jane charm pack... loving these fabrics, and thinking there is a patchwork pillow in my future.
 The second fabric store we found was right off South College, and it is an institution in Ft. Collins, although they have recently moved a few blocks down College to a new location. This store is The Fig Leaf and I found so many fun things there... including this ombre fabric that I think would go really well with the fat quarters from Mama Said Sew. More of my Mom's favorite colors. So weird.

Gorgeous ombre fabric that I just might need to order.
 The Fig Leaf also had the Lil Twister and Midi Twister tools that I have been searching for. These seem to be popular tools, since my local stores have been sold out for the last two months. So now I have them, and there will be much twisting to come!


They also had a phenomenal selection of fat quarters and remnants, and I just had too much fun there. The hard part was limiting the purchases since I only had the one carry-on!

The Fig Leaf fat quarters
The Fig Leaf remnants
And then on to the Family Reunion! My cousin Gary and his wife Candace were kind enough to host, so for three days their beautiful property was over-run by the family. We had about 44 people show up, and it was a great time! I consider it a successful family reunion... no cops were called, no one lost limbs or more than a pint of blood, and we even got a rainbow!


Gary and Candace
Me and my Mom

The rainbow!

The beautiful venue - this is Gary's property.

Love this... and I need to credit Sonja with these fantastic photos!

The cousins... with Aunt Betty (our matriarch) in the middle!

 Thanks for sharing my trip with me... I hope you had as much fun as I did!

P.S. I left the wicked vicious mosquitoes in Colorado for a new unsuspecting victim, so watch yourselves!



No comments:

Post a Comment