Wednesday, October 16, 2013

One Minute Chocolate Cupcakes - Anti-Inflammatory Friendly

Okay, I just had to share this. You know how you come across something and you get so excited you do the little hop up and down dance and clap your hands? That's how I'm feeling right now. So as I have mentioned in some of my other posts, I am on an anti-inflammatory diet (that is working FABULOUSLY, thank you). In the nine weeks that I have been strictly following this diet all of my swelling and joint pain is gone, my nosebleeds are gone, headaches are gone; the vomiting, stomach cramps, and choking are gone. I feel amazing. I have also dropped 25 lbs, so that's a rather nice side effect, I must say.

But in that nine weeks, I have also gone without a lot of things that many people take for granted. One of those things is chocolate. Another is baked goods. The diet I have been adhering to calls for no wheat, no gluten, no dairy, no soy, no sugar, no citrus, no eggs, no corn, no nightshades. So for the first six weeks, none of that. Then after six weeks I started to add in foods. So far I have added citrus, eggs, nightshades, and soy. I am working on corn this week. None of them have produced any severe reactions, so it is likely going to be wheat, gluten, dairy or sugar to which I am allergic. Or some combination thereof.

So anyway, you can imagine how excited I was when I ran across this recipe for cupcakes. It was posted on Ditch The Wheat, a blog that focuses on gluten-free, dairy-free, and low-carb recipes. So this recipe has no flour, no gluten, no dairy, and no processed sugar. It does have honey, which I am allowed because it is a whole food (no processing). And they cook in one minute. That's right. One minute. Talk about instant gratification. I made the recipe instantly. No kidding. I jumped up from my computer and jogged to the kitchen.






  Look at this beauty: chocolatey goodness.  All for me. Well, actually the recipe makes three. So I will generously share one with Mike. But the other two are for me!



I made them in these small ramekins, and that worked perfectly.

If you would like a link to the original recipe, you can find it here. Or you can look below for how I made them.

Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes

This makes three cupcakes:

1 egg
2 Tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 Tbsp Honey
1/4 tsp Baking Soda

In a bowl, mix together the first three ingredients. When well mixed, add the baking soda and mix until completely combined.

Pour the batter into microwaveable cupcake liners (silicone works), ramekins (which is what I used) or the original recipe says you can put it in a medium bowl to make one bigger cake, or in a coffee mug. Since I used the ramekins, I lightly greased the inside with coconut oil. If you use the cupcake liners you can skip this step.

Microwave all three cupcakes at once for one minute. The cupcakes are done when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. If the cupcakes aren't quite done (since microwave strength does vary), just put it in for a couple more seconds.

*Note: the batter will rise very high at first and then deflate as it is finished baking.

These would be good with fresh raspberries or strawberries, or banana slices with honey. Hm. I might have to go eat that second cupcake!

Nutritional Information:
Calories: 53.5
Carbs: 8g
Protein: 3g
Fat: 2g

No comments:

Post a Comment