Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pink and Grey Ladder Quilt - officially finished!

This is a quilt that I started in spring of this year at a quilt retreat in Orting, WA. I finished the quilting of it at the quilt retreat in Long Beach (Lighthouse Resort) earlier this month. I just finished hand-stitching the binding yesterday.


The finished quilt measures 46" by 63" inches. It features a pink and grey damask print, white with pink swirls, and grey with darker grey flowers on the front. The backing is done in a pink and grey paisley print with a strip of the pink damask. The binding is done in the grey fabric.


The quilting is all free-hand on my machine, with a focus on curves, swirls and spirals to create visual differentiation from the geometric pattern of the quilt front.


 The ladder pattern features an "S" curve that meets in the middle blocks.


The squares feature a spiral pattern


I love the colors, fabrics, and pattern of this quilt!


This quilt is listed for sale on my Etsy shop: Swiss Miss Stitches.

Thank you for letting me share!


No comments:

Post a Comment