Monday, May 19, 2014

Spring Sampler Block #5 - Aztec Jewel

This week I have been working on block #5 from Cora's Quilts Spring Sampler quilt-along. This block has lots of flying geese, so I got to practice those. I am now of the opinion that:

Happiness Is... Chaining Your Flying Geese


See that? Lots of flying geese. Twelve of them, in fact. I highly recommend chaining them when you sew this block!


And I finally got that picture I promised you with all of the blocks together, out in the sunshine, soaking up the vitamin D. Yes, that is my grass. No, it is not always that green. 

I am getting really excited to see the rest of the blocks. I like how the colors are coming together and I can't wait to see what we do next!

Definitely make sure to check out Cora's Quilts to see the instructions for this block, and the schedule for the quilt along!